Open Faced Stuffed Chicken
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast (quartered)
- fresh cracked sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb. of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1/4cup + more for tops fresh grated Parm cheese
- 1tsp. garlic powder
- 1tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2Tbsp. zesty herb seasoning
- 1 roma tomato diced
Preheat oven to 400F.
Cook bacon, and crumble.
Pound out the chicken breasts, till they are around 1-1.5inches think.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
Add to a greased baking sheet pan (with sides)
Sprinkle tops w the zesty herb seasoning.
Add pan to the oven and bake for 6-8minutes, until chicken starts to turn white.
While chicken is cooking, mix in a bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, parm cheese, red pepper, garlic, tomatoes and bacon.
Remove Chicken from the oven and spread the cheese mixture over top of each piece.
Grate some more fresh parm on top of each.
Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes and then place under broiler for 3-5minutes till top is golden brown 🙂
My family loved this twist on a stuffed piece of chicken! It was way faster then having to stuff and roll up chicken breasts too, which was nice 🙂 Let me know what you think about this yummy recipe and feel free to try adding your own take on it, like maybe adding some spinach to the mix 🙂