Sometimes it is just too darn hot to turn the oven in the summer time up here. So in the summer, my house does a lot of meat on this grill and salads, because, lets face it, even using the stove top makes the house hot! This cucumber salad is my go to lunch and dinner side. I sometimes eat just this for my lunches. It is so refreshing. I love the crunch and then the kick of the hot sauce. I may or may not consume large bowls of this by myself hehe! 🙂 I love that is only takes a few minutes to throw together. I prefer it freshly mixed, but I have definitely eaten leftovers very often! Here is the recipe:
- 1 English Cucumber (could use regular too)
- 1/2cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2cup diced pepper jack cheese
- 1/2cup julienne sliced baby spinach
- 1/4cup chopped cauliflower
- 2Tbsp fine diced red onion
- 1/4cup Wish Bone Robusto Italian dressing
- 1Tbsp. Sriracha
- 5cranks fresh black pepper
- 1crank fresh sea salt
Combine all the veggies together in a bowl with the salt and pepper
Pour the salad dressing and sriracha over top of the veggie and mix until well combined.
Eat immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat 🙂
I can not put this down once its made! I hope you have the same feeling.
HAPPY COOKING!! 🙂